The Earl W. Allen Memorial Scholarship was established for the purpose of providing financial assistance in the form of a scholarship to a member of Good Shepherd U.C.C., or a direct descendant of Earl W. Allen, in pursuit of a post high school education.
In order to eligible, the following criteria apply:
- Eligibility for the award shall be limited to members of Good Shepherd United Church of Christ, Tuckerton, PA and/or direct descendants of Earl W. Allen.
- Applicants must have been accepted or are already attending as a full-time student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher learning, preferably in a curriculum of religion, education, medicine (all types) or social work.
- Award(s) will be made by the Trustees of the Fund based on such factors as need, scholarship and perceived personal attributes recognized through submission of a completed prescribed application form and through personal interview. Preference will be given to members of families not having received the award(s) previously. Decision of the Trustees in making the award(s) to candidates shall be final.
If you meet the criteria above and wish to apply, follow the instructions below.
- Download, print and fill out the application document here.
- Attach a one-page essay about what sets you apart from others applying for this scholarship, your reasons for choosing the career you are pursuing and any additional information that you would like the selection committee to know.
Gather and attach high school or/and college transcripts.
- Return all the above documentation to our church office.